TORONTO, November 2, 2023 – At the recent Annual General Meeting in Toronto, the Trucks for Change Network announced the appointment of Trevor Sawkins, Chief Operating Officer, ColdStar Solutions (BC) and Trevor Bent, CEO of Eassons Transport Limited (NS) to its board of directors.
“Both ColdStar Solutions and Eassons Transport are companies committed to people and fully invested in the communities they serve,” said Betsy Sharples, Executive Director, Trucks for Change Network. “We look forward to them bringing that focus and energy to supporting our mission.”
“Even though the trucking industry is in a very competitive market, it is made up of companies, many of whom are still family-run businesses, with deep roots in their local community,” said Scott Smith, board chair, Trucks for Change Network. “While the companies may have evolved in scope, their values remain fixed on social responsibility and giving back to the communities they serve. “
Trucks For Change is a network of community-minded trucking and logistics companies supporting charitable organizations in their communities and across Canada.
Member organizations provide time, energy, expertise and support to charities to move goods and participate in community events and activities, all with the generous support of the industry supplier community. T4C’s mission is to shine a spotlight on these charitable partnerships and acknowledge all the ways the trucking industry supports the communities in which we live and work.
The 2023- 2024 Board of Directors:
- Scott Smith, President, J.D. Smith & Sons, ON
- Mark Seymor, Chief Executive Officer, Kriska Transportation Group, ON
- Scott Tilley, President of The Tandet Group, ON
- Steve Ondejko, President, Onfreight Logistics, ON
- Brent Arnold, President, Arnold Bros. Transport, MB
- Natalie Meyers, Director and owner of Hartrans Cartage Services, ON
- Dave Martin, Vice President, Eastern Operations, Bison Transport, MB
- Alex MacKinnon, Left Lane Associates, ON
- Trevor Bent, Chief Executive Officer, Eassons Transport Group, NS
- Trevor Sawkins, Chief Operating Officer, ColdStar Solutions, BC
Trucks for Change Network